How do I love thee, tomato? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and might
My palate can reach, when remembering out of sight
Your peak month of August, when you bear fruits of juicy Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most urgent need for a bacon lettuce tomato sandwich, by sun or moon-light.
I love thee with abandon, as Venus might her Mars or Vulcan
I love thee purely, as surely as the summer wanes
I love thee with the passion of my appetite
Above all fruits, and with my childhood’s eye of Jersey tomatoes
As if they were falling from the sky.
I love thee with a hunger I seemed to lose
With my lost innocence (and the icky mealy tomatoes of January)! I love thee with the smell,
Unlike no other in the garden, and your vine-ripened sweetness
That bring me smiles, tears, only at this time of year! — and if the farmer’s choose
I shall but love thee better after many bowls of gazpacho
-Tomato Love Poetry (Sonnet #43, Kitchen Style)
My friends think I am crazy for tomatoes. And to be honest yes I am really crazy for red yummy tomatoes. Just recently I had a huge debate with my friends on benefits of tomatoes and like every time I won, I won. It does not just about like but it is actually very beneficial to health. You are just left spellbound when you find the enormous benefits of it. There are huge amount of delicacies which will be tasteless without tomatoes. It is many times I just add tomatoes to puffed rice and it is simply lip-smacking.
It is Very rare to get some food yummy at the same time healthy. There are many benefits of tomatoes which ii would like to share with you people. And I really hope it helps you in making in your diet appetizing with healthy.
Tomato belongs to nightshade family and is highly versatile healthy item for consumption.
- Lycopene content found in tomato is the most recognized eating benefit.
- Lycopene is a essential anti-oxidant that helps in the fight against cancerous cell formation.
- The free radicals that are harmful for our body can be flushed out of our body through good amount of Lycopene.
- Lycopene is a great nutrient.
- Tomatoes being a anti-septic helps in controlling high blood cholesterol.
- Tomato acts a good blood purifier.
- Tomato aids in cases of congestion of the liver as well as for dissolving gallstones.
- Vitamin K in tomatoes prevents hemorrhages.
- The further information is of great use to all girls in the world. Tomatoes help in giving a great skin. It has always been a booster to immune system. A good consumption of tomato can help improve skin texture and color.
- Tomatoes are a great solution to tan. The tan are a real headaches but here we share with you a easiest way to get rid of Tan- Prepare a mixture of cucumber and tomato juice and apply on the affected areas of your skin. Wash it off after ten minutes and enjoy the beautiful feel of your skin.
- Skin rashes are mainly because of deficiency in silicon. This can overcome by having good amounts of sprouts and tomatoes. It is a great food on skin rashes.
Get an amazing glowing skin in not more than fifteen minutes just mix few drops of honey and tomato juice; apply on entire face and neck. Feel the glow just within fifteen minutes.
We are here sharing one more simple mixture to have glowing skin is to combine 2 tsp of tomato juice with 4 tsp yoghurt. You will get the results in just ten minutes.
People who are facing troubles because of oily skin, open pores and blackhead can smile with this simple solution. As Tomato has a acidic peculiarity it also contains potassium and vitamin C which helps in cleansing the face. Rub a sliced piece of tomato on your skin and it will show great results.
- To gain a good complexion spread the pulp of tomato on your face daily for 1 hour and then wash it off with warm water.
The tomato lotion helps in shrinking the enlarged pores and this can be made by using tomato juice mixed with 2 or 3 drops of lime juice. Apply this solution on your face and then wash it off for 15 minutes.
A great formula to remove sunburn can be made by adding 2 tsp tomato juice in 4 tbsp of buttermilk. Apply it all over your skin. Wash it off after keeping it for 1/2 hour.
Many people usually forget that the body which is healthy possesses a healthy skin. And to our surprise it is very easy to have healthy skin but we just don’t see the simple ways and tend our ways to the complicated path and get lost in that way. Beauty is not something that is seen externally it also projects healthiness of your internal body.
Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.
~ D. H. Lawrence~